The first Thursday of the month of August, which this year 2021 falls on August 5, IPA Day is celebrated, a collective toast to one of the most emblematic styles of craft beer:
The international celebration of IPA Day is much more recent than we imagined: in 2011, beer evangelists Ashley Rouston and Ryan Cross decided to promote this date through social networks, which spread quickly in the United States until its implementation at a global level.
IPA Day is not a marketing invention, nor is it intended to serve a specific brand, it is an opportunity for all brewers, bloggers, businesses and consumers to connect and share their passion for craft beer, a movement created to unite the voices of the beer market. In addition, it is a date for the entire craft beer culture to join forces and defend beer education and global awareness.
How to celebrate IPA Day?
Anyone can organize their own event to celebrate the hoppiest day of the year: buy the IPAs, gather friends at home and post their photos or videos of the bottles/cans, tasting notes, pairings or articles on the networks social with the hashtag #IPADAY .
Do you want to know more about IPAs?
- The beginning of this popular style >> When did IPAs emerge
- The boom of India Pale Ale >> IPA: the richest bitterness
- The different sub-styles of IPAs >> IPA, a great beer family!
- Beer with food >> Pairing IPAs with cheeses
- Suggestions for cans and bottles >>TOP 10 IPAs to surprise you